Monday 27 July 2015

LADY DIOR BAG CAKE

Hi,
So i made a cake  that i am so happy with this week that i just wanted to share it on my blog.










I looked for tutorials on how to make this cake and i couldn't really find much so i just had to sort of guess.

For the dimensions of the cake i found the really dimensions on the internet and drew them out on some paper and cut them out as rough guides for the carving of my cake.I used to sheet cakes cut into 6 equal parts and used a cardboard divider in the middle and also a couple off wooden dowels for support.

Then i separately wrapped sheets of icing up each side of the bag and blended the edges slightly with my fingers and a cake smoother.to try and get a nice sharp line.Then i used a ruler and a protractor to measure where my pattern should be on the bag and indented my ruler into it.To get a stitched look i went through with a cocktail stick at equal intervals.

Then i rolled some fondant with tylose in a long sausage to make the handles and cut a little hole out of them,i also inserted spaghetti to help push them into the cake.

If you are interested in how i made the little makeup pieces then please leave a comment below and i will show you in a upcoming post.

Fiz :D x



No comments:

Post a Comment